Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Beginning of an Incredible Journey

I am 7 days away from leaving the country for 11 months. God has opened the doors to an opportunity to serve in Europe as a Missionary Intern. I have been taking my faith seriously for about 4 years. After being surrounded by Christianity most of my life, I came to the realization at age 15 that being a Christian is not just a title, but a choice that consumes and changes my everyday life. Since then, God has miraculously changed me inside and out. Through many different challenges, sermons, people, and experiences, I have been (and continue to be) made new in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Throughout my life I have gone on multiple short term mission trips with my church. These trips were anywhere between 3 and 10 days, to multiple places while serving in many different ways. Yet at the end of each trip, I couldn't ignore the feeling that I wasn't ready to go home yet. Don't get me wrong, after a week of not showering and sleeping in a stinky sleeping bag I was ready for the comforts of home, yet a piece of me didn't care. God has given me a heart for serving. Seeing what God can do through a small group of unqualified Christians in just a few days is absolutely spectacular. I began to wonder about what it would be like to serve as a missionary for a longer period of time. In one week you can only do so much when it comes to building relationships and watching lives transform and unfold in new ways through Christ. I had a desire to serve longer. A desire to be sent somewhere new and do the work God has placed before me. 

On my most recent short term mission trip, I was serving with a group from my home church on the Navajo Reservation. I began to voice my desire of going somewhere to serve for a longer period of time. My youth pastor told me about a few different organizations to look into, and almost immidiately when I got home I did. From there God took over. All the right doors were opened, forms were filled out, and I found myself actually doing it... I was on the path to serving as a missionary intern with Greater Europe Mission. I questioned whether or not this was what I was being called to do, but through prayer, imput from leaders in my church, and an incredible moment while worshiping, I knew that this was what God had in mind for me. For any doubt that was left over in me, I kept thinking of what someone had told me... "If it's not God's will the doors will close". And these doors were absolutely not closing.

Now, 12 months later, I am at the end of the road of preparation and fundraising, and I am about to start on a new road of serving over seas. I don't know what to expect besides God doing great things. He has already taught me so much in this last year, and I haven't even left yet! All the glory to Him who deserves it. I owe it all to Him. He has prepared the way, and He took me in despite my failures and washed my sins clean, making into a young woman who can now be used by Him to reach people for His kingdom. I am honoured to be used by an incredible savior. He picked me! Lord only knows why! I am useless, but with the Holy Spirit empowering me, He can do great things through my life! Thank you Jesus! sins clean, making into a young woman who can now be used by Him to reach people for His kingdom. I am honored to be used by an incredible savior. He picked me! Lord only knows why! I am useless, but with the Holy Spirit empowering me, He can do great things through my life! Thank you Jesus!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment