Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Halfway Through

I am now about halfway through my internship. The first half has flown by, and I am sure the second half will be even quicker. It seems like so much has happened since I first arrived in England back in January. I have made countless friends. I have adjusted to a new culture, accent, family, church, food... The list is endless. I have had moments of feeling completely lost, as well as moments feeling completely at home in this foreign land. I have worked on countless projects through the churches and Sublime, some of which I have began to see the outcome of. I have served probably over 1000 cups of coffee and tea, and washed probably over 2000 mugs.

Now that I feel I am fully adjusted, I am determined to make the most of the rest of my internship. The youth at my church are now at a point where they know me, and they actually talk with me. Over the summer months we have a few youth events and camp trips, during which I am going to try to take on a role of trying to encourage them and build them up in their faith. I have also begin to do some personal studies to begin to learn more in depth about the Bible, and different styles of Christianity.

As summer approaches, all the interns I have become close to this year will be going home. As they are preparing to go, I can feel my eagerness for home to grow as well. There is so much I miss from home, and can't wait to return to. With so much happening back home that I am missing, I have moments of homesickness. There are many things I wish I could be home for, such as weddings I am missing, babies being born, and also just the everyday events in people's lives that I have missed. But I know I will be home soon enough, and God has me in England for the next 5 months for a reason. And I am excited to see what He has planned for this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment